Monday, September 1, 2014

THE DOLL'S ADVENTURE , or Two little stowaways!

  A few weeks ago, I went to New York State, to visit my good friend, Sandy Connors.
She lives in the most charming house, circa 1830 or 40, in the little village of North Chatham. The countryside is really beautiful, with rolling hills, pastures, rivers and sleepy little villages. I fell in love!


SANDY'S HOUSE
 Sandy's house is truly wonderful. It is a deep Mustard color with a blue door and a picket fence in front.


THE WASH LINE 

THE RED BARN AT END OF DRIVEWAY







At the end of her driveway is a perfect red barn. When you look to your right, you see another fence and lovely garden gate which guards Sandy's garden. What a garden!!!! Magical is the only word I can think to describe it with. So much to see and discover. Sandy has chickens, geese, cats and Flora, a sweet Corgi. In the back, along the side of the red barn, is the original hen house. there is a lot of coming and going! Across from the hen house is Sandy's knot garden and wash line. All very picturesque.






 I bought along, Carolina, the doll I had worked on last. Sandy wanted me to bring her, so she could see her. Carolina ended up staying at Sandy's house for a wee visit with some of Sandy's dolls. They had a grand time!  Well, back at home, two little sister dolls were pretty unhappy that they did not get to go visiting and have some fun. You probably remember Eugenia and her sister, Elena? Okay, so you are aware that these two don't just sit still on a shelf...they act!
THE STOWAWAYS!
Elena! Oh dear, so unlady like.....
 I was getting ready for another trip back to North Chatham and was not paying much attention to my suitcase. Well I think you know where this is going.....yes, they went with me.
Oooh, Sister , Come quick! 
 They had a wonderful time! So much to discover and see. I unpacked my suitcase and off they went to explore. When it came time to say goodbye to Sandy, I wasn't sure I could get the dolls back into my suitcase.

I think we might have to visit again....
Carolina watched from the doorway, unsure how this was going to go. Flora
sat by just in case there was trouble! 


Elspeth , the resident doll, came out to show the sisters her world.
A pretty place indeed!
Elena led the way and Eugenia followed. The garden was so inviting.

A tiny water trough for Bees or maybe fairies?


Who lives here?  A little squirrel or mouse in this wee house?
Pretty soon everyone, including Flora and kitty, wanted to look into the wee house!
I found a nest! Little bird, little bird where have you flown?
Just a broken shell......
The Little Sisters saw Elspeth in the back garden with the hens and geese.
They wanted to go in there and see the hens and geese. Carolina watched as the sisters climbed over the wall.
She was not interested in a flock of birds .

The flock

One more step ,Eugenia!

Off they went.....


Come, little sisters, I have many more things to show you . 

A knot garden .

A forest of flowers !
Eugenia! Isn't this place grand?







This suits me just fine...A bit of sun and a few flowers.....


So sad saying goodbye...... We love Sandy's garden..

16 comments:

  1. This made me smile. What a wonderful adventure the dollies had. No doubt, you enjoyed your visit too! What a beautiful home Sandy has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much insiration here... beautiful home and gardens, dolls and Flora! I can't help wonder how the dolls pulled off all these amazing antics... Wonderful and fun post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place, I can see why the dolls would want to stay. Hope you didn't have to hard a time getting them to go back home with you ;) This is a wonderful post, thanks for sharing. Blessings friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH that was so delightful!! Beautiful dolls and a wonderful story.. mesmerising :)) cheers... Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggity, Such the perfect adventure for you and the girls. It was delightful to get to travel along with you across the miles ~ keep creating, writing and bringing joy to us all. Happy Days, Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peggy I'm going to have to get Elena & Eugenia to give me some tips so that I can hide in your suitcase next time you go to North Chatham! What a perfect garden!!! I loved everything about this post <3 Now all I want to do is sew a gown with leading strings! They've always been one of my very favorite details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! I would love to stuff you in my suitcase next time!
      We could have lots of fun.....

      Delete
    2. Honestly we could have fun together no matter where we were :)

      Delete
  7. Peggy, thank you for sharing this magical adventure! The vignettes are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peggy these are just the most charming pictures ever! What a beautiful garden and your enchanting dolls and the corgi and kitty and resident doll are adorable in these settings. A child's book needs to come from all of this! More More, and publish it ! Warmly, Edyth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ,Edyth. The sad thing is , that dear Flora, the Corigi, passed away shortly after I took these pictures. She became very ill. Sandy is still mourning her loss and I felt terrible since Flora was a lovely little dog. So sweet and charming....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see here that sweet Flora Corgi has passed away! So so very sad to hear. Please send my deep hearted sympathies to her Corgi Mom Sandy. FLORA was a sweet beautiful doggie!

      Delete
  10. Hi Peggy,
    I so enjoyed this post.....again and again!!!! :-D So very wonderful and fun!!
    Thank you for sharing, and you Dolls are just STUNNING!!!
    Many Blessings, Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your very sweet comment! I am happy you enjoyed it! I also forwarded your sympathy for Flora to Sandy...I am sure she will appreciate it. Flora was the sweetest prettiest little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot tell you how much I adore this post. The way you play with Kathy's (now yours) dolls is enchanting. I would dearly love to share these pix on FB some day, but ONLY if you don't mind.

    I also love that beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete